Kualiti Alam Mind Innovation is our sign of commitment to explore new technology for the betterment of Hazardous Waste Management. At Kualiti Alam, by complying with laws and regulations designed to stop environmentally damaging practices is not enough. We invest time and resources in the development of innovative ideas that improves Hazardous Waste Management practices. Here are few of our innovative projects.
Kualiti Alam with the assistance of its Danish collaborator, Niras A/S has jointly designed an incinerator model incorporating the solutions to problems encountered during the course of the company’s experience in operating its rotary kiln incinerator since 1998. The Kualiti Alam Modular Incinerator or KAMI is the answer to many developing countries for an incineration facility that deals with municipal, medical and hazardous waste and curb environmental pollution. This new and improved plant is designed and built on the principles of:
- Ability to treat a wide variety of waste
- Higher Productivity and efficiency
- Lower operation and maintenance cost
- Dry scrubbing of flue gas cleaning system and
- Emission standards in compliance with EU directive
The KAMI plant has a nominal capacity of 10,000 tonnes capacity per year or 33 tonnes per day. The creative design of this plant has also managed to reduce operational cost significantly compared to Kualiti Alam’s existing incinerator.
The advancement of the internet and telecommunication industry has made the world more virtual. It also provided us with an excellent platform to transform the business process to a new level and align with the principle of sustainability. The collaboration of these technologies provides our business with new avenues and tools to scale new height in our drive towards improving business operations. EIWIS is an online monitoring waste tracking system that provides an effective and efficient monitoring system on waste generation to our customers. The features of EIWIS are as follows :
- Electronic Consignment Notes (E-CN)
- Comprehensive reports on waste generated, transported, treated and disposed
- Data scanning system
- Clear demarcation and process flow of amount of waste from waste generators a recovery & recycling facilities a final disposal facilities a recycling products a waste DNA
- Full analysis including composition analysis of waste generated by waste generators
- Informative data on recycled products
- Finger printing in the form of Identity Card (Waste DNA) for each waste generators
With EIWIS in place, we are delivering more superior services to our customers. As part of our commitment to the customers, we are providing value-added services to assist them in complying with the regulatory requirements besides keeping the environment safe and clean. A cradle-to-grave system like EIWIS together with the introduction of Global Positioning System (GPS), barcode label, finger printing and other facilities enables the tracking of the hazardous wastes from the customer’s premises to our Waste Management Centre in Negeri Sembilan, effective, reliable and easy. Customers will have easy access to their waste information at the fingertips via logging to the EIWIS. As a result, we have made it easier for the customers and potential waste generators to engage UEM Environment for its integrated services.